UBA... Make is simple!

From EnquirerMag Website

Wednesday 13 April 2016

''Am In The Movies Business To Make Money''-UK Actress, Tiya


She's one of those making things happen in the UK's black community's movie industry. The strikingly beautiful who's a twin is popular as Tiya and has been active in the entertainment circuit. In a recent chat in the UK, she spoke to Editor, Tunde Moshood about how far and how well in the movie business.


Can you share your background with us?

Ummm...where do I start from, (laughs). My name is Iyabo Odebode, a London based artiste, media entrepreneur, I've also had a stint as a TV presenter, the youngest of my parents' eight children and am from Ile Ife Osun State. I bagged a post graduate degree in Health & Social Care Management from the University of West London (formerly Thames Valley University).

What would you say are the hassles of being an actress?

Depends on what we're looking at but as for me, acting is something I love and I've visualised what the terrain is going to look like and prepared myself for both the raining and sunny days. But the consolation for me is that, am happily married with a man who appreciates and supports my dreams, so the hassles of matrimony is off but I can tell you, its not easy to be an actress.

Is the artiste fee commensurate with the troubles?

Ummm...sometimes you don't look at the primary gain but the long term advantage. Acting has a way of paying back if you can take the pains to pay the dues, it's like a stepping stone to a higher thing, so not really the monetary aspect.

If not monetary, then what's your business in acting?

Definitely, it is money. Am just saying that one shouldn't be hell bent on the monetary angle all the time, of course, am into acting because of money, its because I want to make money, that's why am here.

And you making the money?

By the grace of God, I can say am making money, though not like it should be, I've not done so many movies, just a few.

How many movies have you featured in?

Quite a few. I've just finished my own production with 2 of my friends, Ene and Olukunle. The movie is coming out soon, its titled, Second Wife and I've featured in other films previously such as Amina, Shattered Hearts, The Broken Bride, produced and directed by George Kelly, (the Broken
Bride won Best Indigenous Movie). Others that I have done are:
Shameful Deceit- a movie produced by the UK based Nollywood star and PR Guru, Theodora Ibekwe, and directed by award winning Ruke Amata, Screen played by Evelyn Obahor and cinematography by Nelson Spyk. Am also in Oxford Gardens, by the popular multi talented Director Obi Emelonye, Basira In London, a film produced and directed by Phillipa C Abraham, Ese Ni (Sin) produced by Sola Kosoko and directed by Jide Kosoko and TV Dramas; Housewife & Girlfriends showing on DSTV, Here & Now produced and directed by Ruke Amata to mention but a few.

What other business do you do aside acting?

Am a media entrepreneur, I run an all glossy magazine that explores the world of beauty, fashion, wellbeing and other facets of social life, its called Tiya here in London and I was also running a programme on Ben TV.

Where do you see UK Nollywood in 5 years time?

I see it becoming great, with the level of determination and qualities of productions we started with, I see this industry competing favourably with the Nigerian version of Nollywood and not just that, I forsee it going global to meet up the standard of the likes of Hollywood, Bollywood and so on.

What has been your contribution to the Nigerian community in UK and to movie industry here?

I'd say am an active member of the Nollywood UK, though its not as viable as it should be, we're just trying to make it work, and as for the Nigerian community, I was once the Social Secretary of the Osun State Indigenes UK /Ireland and currently the Assistant Welfare Officer of the Actors Guild UK/Nigeria

What's your beauty secrets?

I don't have any beauty secrets, all I make sure I do is trying to be happy with myself all the time because if you don't keep malice with anybody and you eat good food, fruits and take lots of water and exercise when necessary, the rest is simple.

Its been nice talking to you

Same here darling, thanks so much TM.

Tunde Moshood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Idan Irawo Producer, Kunle Agboola Dies In US

The family of a media guru, record label owner and producer of a popular Yoruba programme, Idan Irawo has announced the death of their belov...