Here are five quotes from Obama’s message that members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are very uncomfortable with:
1. “Nigeria is a great nation and you can be proud of the progress you’ve made.” Obama acknowledges that Nigeria has made tremendous progress that we can be proud of. Listening to the APC’s message you would think that Nigeria is not working, and Obama rightly points out that we have made progress under the present Jonathan administration. Who would want uncertain change over the chance to keep progressing?
2. “Together, you won your independence, emerged from military rule, and strengthened democratic institutions.” Read the quote again. Obama says there is no going back to military rule. Do we want to go back to being bound by the shackles of dictatorship? Buhari says he is a “reformed democrat” but as we all know a leopard doesn’t change its spots.
3. “You’ve worked hard to improve the lives of your families and to build the largest economy in Africa.” Contrary to all the lies that the APC has been trying to sell, our economy is progressing, and it did not become the largest economy in Africa by chance but by the good policies of the Jonathan administration. Obama states this fact whilst acknowledging that the lives of Nigerians have improved, and thereby showing the APC to be liars.
4. “Violence has no place in democratic elections — and that they will not incite, support or engage in any kind of violence — before, during, or after the votes are counted.” When violence is mentioned, Nigerians cannot extricate General Buhari from his famous statement before the 2011 elections and his famous silence after his supporters went wild. The Blood of Dog and Baboon statement recently made concerning the 2015 elections still echoes deeply. The APC is threatening a parallel government also… Obama’s speech is a clear warning against that.
5. “Boko Haram wants to destroy Nigeria and all that you have worked to build. By casting your ballot, you can help secure your nation’s progress.” Secure your nation’s progress. Don’t change your fortunes. Obama’s call on Nigeria to secure our progress is like a call to retain President Jonathan under whose presidency this progress has been achieved. As it is ill advised to change a commander-in-chief during war, Nigerians must fight together and eliminate Boko Haram with the armed forces who are presently winning the war and sustain this momentum. Obama also said: ”in this task of advancing the security, prosperity, and human rights of all Nigerians, you will continue to have a friend and partner in the United States of America.” Lest we forget, Nigerians are still much aware of the flagrant violation of human rights under General Buhari, resulting in a rupture in diplomatic relations with the UK and others. What other areas of this Obama speech do you think the APC is uncomfortable with?
Thursday, 19 March 2015
It is no longer news that the election date is near and it is in this bid that Segun Adewale the Lagos West Senatorial candidate of People’s Democratic Party, PDP popularly known as Aeroland marched out with his people in large numbers to canvass for votes before the unfortunate incidence that left a gaping hole in the arm of Socialite and politician Fatima Mohammed.
National Enquirer reliably gathered from an eye witness that the rally had progressed peacefully from Oshodi to Mushin where the people of Mushin had trooped out en masse to support Aeroland who was conspicuously in the view of all, alongside the victim Fatima an ardent supporter and member of the PDP.
According to a source, the group was singing and marching on the streets of Mushin when some hoodlums came out with guns and aimed directly at the candidate; “they shot at us and aimed at Aero’s head, the intention was clear, they wanted him dead but he was missed and Fatimo was shot at instead”
In a telephone conversation with the bubbly Fatima who is now recuperating in an undisclosed hospital: the victim confirmed the story and displayed displeasure on why a peaceful rally cannot take place without been disrupted with violence. “The injury is much but I will be fine” she said calmly.
As usual, tongues are wagging and accusing fingers have been pointed at the opposition. In a statement released by the Aeroland campaign team issued on Tuesday, the group reported their shock at the turn out of events; “we are shocked by what happened in Mushin yesterday.
While canvassing for votes and peacefully passing though the streets of Mushin, we were suddenly shot at by some thugs who were obviously pro APC and had the aim of assassinating our principal Segun Adewale a.k.a Aeroland.
Unfortunately, the shot fired didn't get to him but a young lady standing close to him was the victim and has been rushed to an undisclosed hospital.”
The group concluded by imploring the electorates to shun violence and go to the polls in peace to elect the candidate of their choice
|Temi boat cruising|
|19 Years old Temi puffing heavily|
The CEO of Forte oil and one Of Nigeria’s billionaires, Femi Otedola might have successfully imprinted his feet in the sands of time as far as wealth and business are concerned, but if feelers reaching us about the hard working merchant can be dwelled upon, he might just be in for an unpleasant shock if care is not taken.
|Femi Otedola with Cuppy|
|Dj Cuppy smoking in public|
National Enquirer has exclusively gathered that the youngest daughter of the Forbes’ rated billionaire oil baron, Temi Otedola who schools and lives in the UK is living a life that portrays recklessness all the way. The insider revealed that the young lady who just clocked nineteenth today is going down the immoral lane in fast steps; “the kind of lifestyle Temi lives at her age is alarming though she is a very ambitious and intelligent girl” our concerned source said.
|Little Temi @5 with her Dad|
Beautiful Temi who recently launched a fashion blog called JTO as an expression of her fashion, art and photography adventures to various destinations including Paris, New York and Milan allegedly lives a life that belies her young age, chain smoking amongst other vices; “if it can be smoked, Temi can smoke it, although she has a preference for the tougher stuffs, cigarette is below her” an insider revealed.
It was even revealed that there are reasons to believe that the fashion blogger is a lesbian; however, National Enquirer quickly dismissed this as it was unfounded and totally unbelievable of the pretty girl.
According to our source, the reason for the young lady’s alleged recklessness can be traced to lack of proper parental guidance and influence; “how can a young impressionable girl of fifteen live alone abroad?” the source queried.
“The family lives like kings and Queens with little regard for morals and this is largely their father’s fault. He has exposed them unduly to an extravagant life that involves boat cruise, jet cruise, partying and alcohol! Every member of that family drinks like a fish!” our source slammed.
We further gathered that Temi’s 22 years old elder sister, Ife Florence popularly known as DJ Cuppy who is a fast rising disc jockey in the country is not innocent either. The talented and stunning DJ we learnt graduated from King’s College London and she’s presently doing her Masters in New York where she recently acquired a posh apartment in Manhattan precisely around December last year, 2014 courtesy of her dad; “she also plies the reckless path, she drinks Moet and Chandon like water. In fact she has a special dispenser of the alcohol permanently in her apartment” our grapevine quipped.
“The businessman probably spared the rod too much and this now reflects on the children, it is however not too late to bring them back on line before everything is destroyed and the fame and name that have been built over decades are soiled” a concerned source concluded.
Lest we forget, today is Temi Elizabeth’s birthday and here is officially wishing the beauty a wonderful one!
Wednesday, 18 March 2015
The gist is still sketchy as at the time of filing it but be rest assured that we are on it and will bring you more details as soon as it’s at our disposal. It’s about Nollywood actress, Oge Okoye and according to feelers reaching National Enquirer the mother of two who’s been living in denial about her marital status even though there are multiple reports that her marriage has crashed, is in love again! Unknown to many, Oge Okoye’s marriage to Holland big Boy Stanley Duru, which produced two kids has since packed up due to infidelity allegations from both parties having discovered that, he’s not just a flash in the pan but a woman beater. The beautiful actress, according to our impeccable source seems to have gotten over her past as she’s said to be in a serious relationship that might be altar bound after years of trying her luck wooing another man to her life. Oge Okoye’s new man we learnt is a very tall and athletic built successful business man who hails from the Eastern part of country. “They’ve been dating for a while and those close to Oge can tell she’s very happy to be in love again after her ordeal in the hands of that fake Duru dude”, “this one spoils her silly and as we speak he sponsored her trip to the United States and also pulped some money into her cosmetics business”, our source disclosed. It was revealed that Oge’s new man is also a single father who is said to be separated from his baby mama and he shuttles between Nigeria and Europe. Like we told you earlier, we shall keep you posted
If feelers reaching this office about the Apako master is anything to dwell on, then the entertainer who is popularly known as Terry G had better look for ways to redeem himself as soon as possible. According to our source, the energetic performer was at 24/7 lounge situated beside Summit on the popular Fela Shrine road, Off Agindingbi, Ikeja sometimes ago with his gangs numbered eight and their behavour thereafter will shock you. Terry G and his clique, National Enquirer learnt occupied the VIP session of the lounge on the fateful day and as expected they ordered for assorted liquors, champagnes and spirits only to leave without paying their bills even as the attendant was running after him as he drove off.“He came in a three- quarter short and a white T-shirt and he arrived in a deep ash Range Rover with customized plate number Terry G”, you won’t believe he drove off without paying even though they were allowed to smoke weed in the VIP session against our rule” our source revealed. We gathered that Terry G sat at the exclusive VIP section with his guys, wined and dined extravagantly only for him to exit to his car! The unlucky lady who waited on him on this day, we further learnt had to chase the artiste down to his car waving his bill but could do nothing as Terry G allegedly zoomed off, with the poor girl in his rear view. An eye witness reported that the waitress was immediately sanctioned by the management of the lounge to find the artiste or forfeits her job. “It is still a mystery or why would Terry G do a thing like that and put a poor struggling lady in trouble?”, the angry eye witnessed asked. National Enquirer is using this medium to implore Terry G to return to 24/7 lounge and help a poor girl retain her job by paying what he owes and issue a release to that effect otherwise…