After the official launch of the Africa Fashion Reception in Paris last year, The Nigerian government through the Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture & National Orientation hosts the 2014 African edition of the event in the beautiful city of Abuja 3rd – 5th July at the International Conference Centre. The event which is organized in collaboration with the World Fashion Organization promises to be the biggest fashion event on the African continent. Branzuk Gold Limited has the event’s franchise in Nigeria as the local organizer.
The Abuja event will gather fashion Icons, First Ladies, Ambassadors and media from over 40 African countries, in a celebration of cultural diversity expressed through the artistic fashion discipline with the proud theme ‘Africa is the new inspiration of global fashion’
The Africa Fashion Reception in Abuja will hold three consecutive days of fashion shows & exhibition for fashion designers and accessory producers from all over the continent. Only 1 top designer is nominated to represent each of the participating countries by the Executive Board of the AFR. The selection process was rigorous as an average of 9 to 17 entries was received from designers in each of the participating African countries.
During the 3 days, each country will be given an exhibition Pavilion where they will have the opportunity of promoting not only their fashion, accessories and lifestyle brands but also their culture and tourism potentials
The Africa Fashion Reception is aimed at achieving the following objectives using the creative industry of fashion as a vehicle:
· To build bridges by creating free trade and partnerships among fashion practitioners throughout the African continent
· To attract global attention to Africa’s very rich and diversified dress culture which can be explored as a catalyst for the social economic growth of the continent’s garment/textile industry.
· To expand the potential power of fashion as a tool of fighting poverty in Africa by creating wealth through the empowerment of women and youths in the various fashion vocations through training, capacity building schemes, workshops and setting up of medium/small scale businesses thereby supporting the United Nations Millennium Development Goals mission of halving global poverty by 2020.
· To bring about self reliance as this initiative will create millions of jobs across the continent for Tailors, Creative Directors, Textile designers, Models, Cutters, Pressers, Fashion Photographers & Writers, Hair Stylists, Make-up Artists etc
· To contribute in bringing the much desired peace and stability to our continent by positively engaging the youths as stated above.
· And to further develop African economies by creating the biggest and most profitable African fashion and lifestyle trade and investment initiative for global patronage
After Abuja event, all the participating designers will be presented at the international edition of the Africa Fashion Reception scheduled for Paris & Montreal in October, 2014. According to Lexy Mojo Eyes, CEO/Co Founder of Branzuk Gold Limited ‘For the first time, we are opening the world of fashion to African fashion practitioners with a different focus. We are opening the global fashion market to African designers like never before. This is going to be the biggest African fashion market ever known’.
The unique feature of the Africa Fashion Reception is that participating designers must earn their place to represent their country. And to this end, no entry fee is charged. This is in order to maintain a very high standard and present the best Africa has to offer to the global fashion industry.
The Africa Fashion Reception will be an annual event henceforth. The African edition will be hosted on rotational bases by each African country while all participants of the African edition will be presented to the global market at the international edition. The 2015 international edition will be held in Paris, London, Milan, New York, Montreal and Beijing.
Chief hosts of the Africa Fashion Reception in Abuja are Chief Edem Duke, Honourable Minister of Tourism, Culture & National Orientation and Dr (Mrs) Merit Gordon Obua, President/Co-Founder, Branzuk Gold Limited and African Patron of the World Fashion Organization
For details, log on to www.africafashionreception.com