UBA... Make is simple!

From EnquirerMag Website

Friday 19 July 2013

Titi Abiola`s Daughter Joins Politics “Am Taking To Dad`s Shoes”-Rinsola


Rinsola is one of the daughters of the late symbol of democracy, Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, the intelligent lady who`s nudging her early 20s is in fact, one of the children of Alhaja Titi Abiola-one of MKO`s popular wives. Quite reserved and introverted in nature, the young lady who lives in Abuja has stepped into her father`s shoes while the eldest, Arinola is in the academic, she recently finished her doctorate degree. Rinsola who`s now the public relations officer of the youths wing of the merged political parties, APC is a media consultant. She spoke to Editor briefly via the social media

How best can you describe yourself?

My name is 'Rinsola Abiola, daughter of Late Chief MKO Abiola, and I'm an advocate for youth empowerment and inclusion in politics, and women's rights. I'm a media consultant. I'm also currently the interim PRO of the All Progressives Youth Forum, a coalition of youths belonging to the merging parties which make up the All Progressives Congress (APC)

Why did you choose politics, especially considering what happened to your dad? Aren't you afraid?

I believe that politics is not something to be afraid of, because whether we like it or not, we have to agree that staying away would only achieve one thing - and that's ensuring that only those who aren't truly qualified will continue to occupy leadership positions. Youths make up about 70% of our population, so why not harness that obvious collective strength, and elect representatives who would push for policies that would impact us all positively? As long as there's a huge age gap between the leaders and the led, then we shouldn't expect qualitative leadership that's actually tailored to our specific needs. I'm not saying that youths should occupy all positions because I do acknowledge the need to learn first before any other thing, but refusing to get involved won't be to our benefit in the long run.
The eventual consequence of my father's involvement in politics was his death; sad as this may be, I'm not deterred because he possessed the courage and the resolve to put the collective good before personal survival. Personally, I believe that if a lesson should be learnt from the way things turned out, it's to never give up and to persist even in the face of adversity. Also, I believe that dad wouldn't have died if he wasn't destined to. Everything is God's to decide, and his death could not have been hastened or delayed by a second.

What would you say you have in common with your late father?

What I have in common with my dad...well, if I believe in a cause, then I'd be more than willing to see it to the end. People also say that I have pretty good communication skills, and yes, I stammer too!

Are you in a relationship at the moment?

At the moment, I'm single. I believe choosing a spouse is one of the most important decisions anyone could ever make. Your choice of spouse would either bring you joy or misery for the rest of your life, so for now, I'm weighing my options and developing myself too while I'm at it. I want a good husband; first, I must make myself into a good quality wife.

What's your relationship with your elder brother, Kola Abiola, like?

He is a big brother to me, and he's been there a couple of times when I needed him. I also notify him and seek his opinion before taking any major decisions.

....And your other siblings?

We get along. There are many of us in so many different countries, but we do correspond via mail and exchange calls.

Could you provide an insight into your educational background?

I studied Statistics at the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. I'm currently working on a Postgraduate degree in Public Relations, and a diploma in Islamic Studies. I also have a number of professional qualifications in view.



1 comment:

  1. Rinsola abiola, you inspired and I learnt your informative opinion on youth participation in democratic and nation building. This is amazing keep it up and continue the same effort.
    May ALLAH BLESS and guide you.

    ReplyDelete

Idan Irawo Producer, Kunle Agboola Dies In US

The family of a media guru, record label owner and producer of a popular Yoruba programme, Idan Irawo has announced the death of their belov...